Kathleen (Granahan) Kane '93 was born and raised in northeastern Pennsylvania. She attended elementary school and high school in Scranton, PA, and earned a bachelor's degree from the University of Scranton. Kane went to Philadelphia to attend Temple Law School and remained in the city to work at the firm of Post & Schell, handling civil cases.
In 1995, Kane moved back to Scranton to accept a position as Assistant District Attorney of Lackawanna County. It was in this role that she established herself as a force to be reckoned with in the courtroom, prosecuting more than 3,000 cases related to child sexual assault, elder abuse, and public corruption.
Recognized for her distinguished service, she was selected to head up Lackawanna County's first Insurance Fraud Task Force. In addition, she contributed to law enforcement programs aimed at improving local communities.
In 2012, Kathleen Kane became the first woman to be elected Pennsylvania Attorney General. She has accomplished a great deal in her first 100 days, and is quickly gaining a national reputation for bold and courageous leadership. Since being elected, she has:
- closed the "Florida Loophole," which allowed some people to obtain a concealed carry permit despite having been denied one in Pennsylvania;
- launched initiatives to protect Pennsylvania's senior citizens from scammers and others who would do them harm;
- greatly increased the investigation and prosecution of child sexual predators;
- charged eight people in connection with Turnpike "pay to play" allegations; and
- shot down an unlawful contract that would have privatized the state's lottery.
She lives with her husband Chris and two sons, Christopher and Zach.
Benjamin I. Wilkoff
Megan Kathleen Stricker
Commencement Day Schedule
- 1:00 PM
Temple Performing Arts Center
- 2:00 PM
- 3:00 PM
Graduates report to Liacouras Center Robing Area
- 4:00 PM
Commencement Ceremony Begins
Make a Gift
Visit the Class Gift page to make a donation to Temple Law in honor of your favorite member of the Temple Law Class of 2013!